What is Tamil Typing Software?
Tamil typing software represents popular translation and typing tools used for writing in Tamil language using an English keyboard. Tamil typing masters are intuitive typing solutions, which help in typing even the most complicated Tamil words in seconds.
Tamil typing software supports various encodings for typing using Tamil99 and phonetic keyboard layouts. The software offers user-defined encodings along with auto-correct tools, special Tamil numerals and symbols and backspace manipulations.
How Does English to Tamil Typing Software Work?
English to Tamil typing software solutions have inbuilt translation APIs that come in handy for translation and typing purposes. End-users need to start typing in the English language first before going ahead with clicking on the Translate button available. Once you click on this button, the typing master software would change all text into Tamil language.
Tamil typing software for PC works on a transliteration system that in turn offers an easy mechanism for transferring this English language into Tamil. The mechanism being speech to text translation where you have to speak in English instead of typing for getting Tamil script.
Key Features of Tamil Typing Software
- Selection of fonts: It allows users to select from a wide range of Tamil fonts, which helps users in customizing the appearance of their typed text.
- Spelling checker: The software comes with an in-built spell checker that helps in avoiding spelling mistakes. All the mistakes are highlighted along with suggested corrections.
- Virtual keyboard: Also known as an on-screen keyboard, this is an excellent feature for people with a physical disability, as they may find it easier to use a mouse or a similar device to write instead of a traditional keyboard. Moreover, it displays a list of Tamil characters that can be used to type without the need for corresponding keys.
- Switch between multiple languages: The software enables users to easily switch between Tamil and many other languages with just one click. This feature is extremely beneficial for those who use various languages while typing.
What is the Best English to Tamil Typing Software for PC?
The best English to Tamil typing software for PC for accurate & fast typing are:
- Kural Tamil Software: Kural Tamil software provides a keyboard manager, which is compatible with Windows applications. It also supports Tamil typing on Open Office, MS Office, Gmail, Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Chrome, Facebook and more. Kural free Tamil typing software is also ideal for chatting in Tamil language over Facebook, MSN, Google Talk, etc.
- Lipikaar Tamil Typing Software: Lipikaar Tamil typing tool can be accessed online on your PC. You don’t even need to install Lipikaar Tamil typing software. Along with Windows software, the Android app version of Lipikaar Tamil typing software is also available.
- Keyman Tamil Typing Software: Keyman for Tamil99 follows the standard set by Tamil Nadu government and is popularly used for typing on MS Word, Facebook, Twitter, Photoshop, and more. It’s widely used in eKalappai.
What is the Best English to Tamil Typing Software for Mac?
The best English to Tamil typing for Mac include:
- Tamil Keyboard: Tamil keyboard is a Thanglish to Tamil typing software. It comes with a Thanglish keyboard, where you type in English and get Tamil letters. Tamil Keywboard is suitable for typing on all messaging apps and social media channels. You can also chat with your friends and family members using Tamil Keyboard.
- Bamini Tamil Font: Mac users can download Bamini Tamil font for free. It is one of the most popular Tamil typefaces used by writers, designers and marketers. You just have to search for Bamini font file on your device and click on ‘Install Font’.
- Azhagi Tamil Software: Azhagi Tamil software can be downloaded and used directly on Windows and Android devices. For mac and Linux systems, it works under the Wine environment. You need to install Wine on your Mac device to start using Azhagi.
How Can You Type Tamil on MS Word?
Follow the given simple steps for doing Tamil typing in MS Word:
- Step 1: Open Microsoft Word
- Step 2: Go to the Review tab. Then, click on Proofing button before going to Set Language tab. You have now reached the Language dialog box.
- Step 3: A list of languages would appear now. Click enter on Tamil and from here select the Default button. Press the Yes tab, and you are now ready to start typing in Tamil.
How Can You Type in Tamil Keyboard?
Tamil typing software online helps with typing on a Tamil keyboard for PC. These require no installations and you can start typing directly using a mouse and keyboard. Else, you may use the online keyboard.
To make letters visible that may not seem to be available for typing, click on the Shift tab and the Tamil typing software online would display it for you. Use the Esc button to shuffle between virtual Tamil keyboard and the original Qwerty one.
How Can You Install Tamil Typing Software on PC?
Tamil typing master for PC can be installed by following the given instructions:
- Step 1: Download the Tamil typing software.
- Step 2: Find the file setup once it is downloaded.
- Step 3: Double click on it and follow the instructions to start the installation process.
- Step 4: Once the installation is complete, configure it as per your requirement and start typing in Tamil.
How Can You Install Tamil Typing Software on Windows 11?
- In the first step, you need to download the Tamil typing software. It'll be downloaded in the form of a compressed file, so you can extract the file.
- After extraction, you'll find a 64-bit Tamil Indic file, now you can double-click on it for installation.
- You'll be routed to the set-up window, where an installer will guide you through the installation process.
- Click on the 'next' button, then again you can click on the same button 2-3 times until the software is completely installed in your system.
- After setting up the software in Windows 11, you can activate the Tamil keyword for usage.
How Can You Download Tamil Typing Software on Windows 7?
- Firstly, you need to download the software, a file will be downloaded in the compressed format. Use WinZip or Zip opener to extract the file.
- Once you extract the file, you'll find the setup doc.
- In the next step, you need to double click on the setup doc, and the Tamil typing software will be installed on your computer.
- When the installation process is over, you must configure the software for typing.
How Can You Download Tamil Typing Software on Mac?
- Open the web browser on your computer and go to the official website of Tamil typing software.
- Search for the download button or link and click on it.
- When the download is finished, go to the download folder in your system to locate the downloaded file.
- Once you get the file, you need to double-click on it to start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully and when the installation is complete, you must launch the software.
- Now your Tamil typing software is ready for typing.
What are the Best Apps for Tamil Keyboard for Windows 10
The following are the popular Tamil keyboard for Windows 10 and PC:
- Lipikaar Android app for typing in Tamil the easy way
- Keyman Tamil typing app for Android & iOS follows the Tamil99 standard set by the government
- Tamil Keyboard for Android & iPhone that is easy and available for free of cost
- Tamilini app for iOS devices
Top 3 Tamil Typing Software for Thanglish to Tamil Typing
Top three Tamil typing software for fast and accurate Thanglish to Tamil typing are:
- Azhagi Tamil Typing Software: Azhagi is a Tamil typing software offering voice input support for easy Tamil typing. Along with multiple keyboards like inscript and phonetic, Azhagi also offers superfast transliteration capabilities. Azhagi's unique feature is its functionality for Tamil typing in MS Word with STMZH Tamil fonts.
- Vanavil Tamil Typing Software: Vanavil Tamil typing software for Windows 10,7,8, XP & Vista offers an easy functionality for typing in Tamil. The easy-to-use Tamil typing software for PC not just makes typing easy but also helps end users assess the speed of their typing. Also, this translation tool supports converting text from any language into Tamil.
- Bamini Tamil Typing Software: Bamini Tamil typing master is ideal for fast and easy typing. The Tamil typing software for windows 10, 7, 8 and Mac is easy to set up and use. Bamini can be used with a QWERTY keyboard for quick typing.